Applications are open for the 2022 Yale Conservation Scholars - Early Leadership Initiative cohort! Apply today!
“I feel most grateful for the diverse network of people in the environmental/conservation field that I am now part of.“
– Ki’Amber Thompson, 2016 DDCSP at U of M Scholar
Led by Dr. Dorceta Taylor, Program Director and Principal Investigator, the Yale Conservation Scholars – Early Leadership Initiative (YCS- ELI) [formerly the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Program at University of Michigan/Yale School of the Environment] is a summer opportunity for undergraduates who are traditionally underrepresented in the conservation field and who are interested in careers in the sector. YCS-ELI is a part of the Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Sustainability Initiative (JEDSI) at Yale School of the Environment.
If you are…
- An undergraduate student interested in conservation, nature, and the environment;
- Interested in internships in the environmental field;
- Keen to explore natural habitats and outdoor spaces in New England;
- Looking for a space to have discussions about diversity and inclusion as it pertains to the conservation and environmental fields;
- Excited to bring new ways of looking at, understanding, and protecting the earth’s resources;
- Eager to become a part of a community of like-minded peers from across the country —
…you should consider applying!
Hear from past scholars
“I was able to learn more about my interests and passions within the environmental field. Being a part of DDCSP at U of M has also made me more confident in my capabilities as an environmentalist and conservationist along with improving other skills such as public speaking, organization, and time management.”
“When I began college, I was thoroughly convinced that I was “not a science person” and could not picture myself assuming any level of leadership in environmental science. Four years ago, I would not have imagined that I would ever apply for Ph.D. programs, but now I’m preparing to pursue a Ph.D. in microbial ecology.