Apply to be a member of the 2024 cohort today! Application closes January 19, 2024.
“In addition to the career exposure, this summer had an immense impact on my self-confidence in professional spaces.”
~Martha Laramore- Josey YCS-ELI 2022 Cohort
Led by Dr. Dorceta Taylor, Program Director and Principal Investigator, the Yale Conservation Scholars – Early Leadership Initiative (YCS- ELI) [formerly the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Program at University of Michigan/Yale School of the Environment] is a summer opportunity for undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in careers in the sector. YCS-ELI is a component of the Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Sustainability Initiative (JEDSI) at Yale School of the Environment.
If you are…
- An undergraduate student interested in conservation, nature, and the environment;
- Interested in internships in the environmental field;
- Keen to explore natural habitats and outdoor spaces in New England;
- Looking for a space to have discussions about diversity and inclusion as it pertains to the conservation and environmental fields;
- Excited to bring new ways of looking at, understanding, and protecting the earth’s resources;
- Eager to become a part of a community of like-minded peers from across the country —
…you should consider applying!
Hear from past scholars
Jayson Velazquez, 2020
“Being able to have a program that walked you through research and gave you the grace to be able to mess up if you did… I think there was space in DDCSP to make mistakes and to learn how to do something in a different way.”
“I was able to gain new skills in the lab, and I was able to refine my interest. I became more interested in animal behavior as a specific topic within biology. The… summer was different for me and… it pushed me out of my comfort zone.”